永恒国际网站A transfer student is any student who has taken college level classes anytime since the summer following high school graduation.
Steps to Apply
- Complete the application. You have two different options:
- Send your official college transcript(s) from all colleges attended.
Scroll down to see our academic requirements and transfer course equivalents.
- Submit your official high school transcript and, if you have completed less than 24 college credit hours, submit your test score (ACT or SAT) as well.
Transfer Application Deadlines
Fall Enrollment Application Deadlines
March 1: Priority deadline for submitting the FAFSA.
Aug. 1:永恒国际网站 Deadline for submitting completed college transfer applications.
Spring Enrollment Application Deadlines
Nov. 15:永恒国际网站 Deadline for submitting application.
Dec. 1: Deadline for submitting completed applications (including supporting paperwork).
Minimum Requirements to Apply for Transfer Admission
- We will also need your high school transcript and test scores if you have below 60 college credits for financial aid purposes. If you are 25 years or older we don’t need your test scores.
- Transfer applicants are expected to be in good standing at the college or university they last attended and to have maintained a 2.0 GPA (out of 4.00) or higher, based on 24 semester college credits.
- A college transcript(s) must be submitted to be considered for transfer admission, including official documentation for any Advanced Placement credit that may have been granted.
- ACT and SAT scores may fulfill athletic eligibility so sending scores is recommended for transfer student-athletes.
- Students not meeting full admission standards are still encouraged to apply for transfer admission. Goshen College takes a holistic approach to admission decisions and will consider the merit of each transfer applicants’ academic record on an individual basis. Additional transfer application materials may be requested so that we can learn as much as we need to make our admission decision.
- Transfer students with diagnosed learning disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for admission to Goshen College, must provide documentation of their specific learning differences to the director of the Academic Resource and Writing Center in order to receive reasonable accommodation.
- Depending on your academic record, we may ask you to submit a College Reference Form.
At Goshen College, transfer students are required to complete 16-27 credits in the Goshen Core (sometimes called “General Education” at other schools). Check out this chart of transfer course credit equivalents永恒国际网站 for Glen Oaks Community College, Hesston College, Indiana University South Bend, Ivy Tech Community College and Southwest Michigan College.
Financial Aid & Scholarships for Transfer Students
Wondering what it’s like to transfer to Goshen College?
永恒国际网站Check out our Transfer Viewbook below: